The Community Resource Unit provides educational programs and safety information to local businesses and homeowners associations.
Crime Prevention is a top priority for the Sheriff’s Office, requiring the cooperation of law enforcement and community working together toward a common goal. The Community Resource Unit’s mission is to prevent crime and disorder by working closely with members of the Sheriff’s Office and community.
- The Community Resource Unit’s responsibilities include:
- Develop and coordinate department crime prevention informational programs
- Work closely with Operations Bureau personnel to provide crime prevention material and information as needed
- Develop crime prevention seminars for the community and businesses
- Conduct security surveys of residential, commercial and industrial businesses
- Develop crime prevention displays for the community and businesses
If you have questions about our programs and services, please contact the Community Resource Coordinator.